Recently whilst creating a theme for an older wss site at a client, I ran onto this error working on a new development vm.
The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8)
Make sure that Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation is enabled on the server and all will be good again.
Today I had to take my VM off of the domain that it was on and after doing so, got the error Some or all identity references could not be translated when I tried to access the “Applications” or “Operations” tab from Central Administration.
After some research and stsadm commands, this command did the trick. Remember that this command is for the NEW account and not to update an existing account.
stsadm.exe -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin -password
Hope it helped !
Recently I had to modify a reporting dashboard we created in wss3 and encountered something interesting.We have 4 reports displaying on the one web part page, and then links to other reports. The problem is, that when you open the landing page, the user simply sees the “Loading Report” spinning circles, and that is annoying to say the least. So applying a simple web part configuration setting (Asynchronous Rendering), we are able to enhance the customers experience.
So, in short, the turning of the (Asynchronous Rendering) option on the reports at the top of the page, allowed the page to load once the html has been retrieved, eliminating the “Loading Report” probem we encountered. The (Asynchronous Rendering) setting was still active on the most bottom report, however the user doesn’t see this report when intially loading the screen.
This is fixed in SharePoint Foundation, thank you Microsoft.
We all have a need to manage application settings in our configuration files. Sometimes with many solutions being deployed to a single Sharepoint farm, this can become a terrible experience and tedious excercise.
Recently I came accross a blog post were a webconfig page was written to help us manage the config sections using the SPWebConfigModification class. I changed the page to allow me to edit the the settings also and I will post the solution in the near future.
Here is the Original Post
Foxy over and out.