Monthly Archives: September 2011

HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)

While developing recently on a new project of mine using EF4 and mvc3, the power went off. (Thanks Eskom /facedesk)

So after waiting for 45minutes and restarting my desktop and project etc….when running I got this error.

Could not load file or assembly ‘EntityFramework’ or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

After some research I found out that all I had to do was clear the Temporary ASP.NET Files folder for my framework and viola, the project worked again.

The path is C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

Error: response message does not match the content type of the binding

Recently whilst creating a theme for an older wss site at a client, I ran onto this error working on a new development vm.

The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8)

Make sure that Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation is enabled on the server and all will be good again.

%d bloggers like this: