Monthly Archives: May 2011

Some or all identity references could not be translated

Today I had to take my VM off of the domain that it was on and after doing so, got the error Some or all identity references could not be translated when I tried to access the “Applications” or “Operations” tab from Central Administration.

After some research and stsadm commands, this command did the trick. Remember that this command is for the NEW account and not to update an existing account.

stsadm.exe -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin -password

Hope it helped !


Report Viewer Web Part and whole page refresh

Recently I had to modify a reporting dashboard we created in wss3 and encountered something interesting.We have 4 reports displaying on the one web part page, and then links to other reports. The problem is, that when you open the landing page, the user simply sees the “Loading Report” spinning circles, and that is annoying to say the least. So applying a simple web part configuration setting (Asynchronous Rendering), we are able to enhance the customers experience.

So, in short, the turning of the (Asynchronous Rendering) option on the reports at the top of the page, allowed the page to load once the html has been retrieved, eliminating the “Loading Report” probem we encountered. The (Asynchronous Rendering) setting was still active on the most bottom report, however the user doesn’t see this report when intially loading the screen.

This is fixed in SharePoint Foundation, thank you Microsoft.

Here is where you can read more about it.

Foxy out.

Funny Sharepoint friday !

Here at Foxy Sharepoint we embrace the humorous side of things also. I mean, working with Sharepoint you have to right!

I found these recently that gave me a chuckle, hope you enjoy it !

Just upload it to Sharepoint !

Credits have to go to the author and original post

K2 blackpearl® Wins Best of Tech Ed 2011 Award in SharePoint Category

K2 has won this award, read more about it on their site here

Sharepoint config modification manager

We all have a need to manage application settings in our configuration files. Sometimes with many solutions being deployed to a single Sharepoint farm, this can become a terrible experience and tedious excercise.

Recently I came accross a blog post were a webconfig page was written to help us manage the config sections using the SPWebConfigModification class. I changed the page to allow me to edit the the settings also and I will post the solution in the near future.

Here is the Original Post

Foxy over and out.

%d bloggers like this: